THE NEW NORMAL IN CARING FOR YOU
Safety and sustainability are at the core of who we are. We’ve been in business for 30 years and we’ll be taking every possible precaution to keep our clients and staff safe following all CDC guidelines. Below we’re sharing a Q&A to help make your service as smooth as possible here at Avalon Salons.
Q: What can I expect when I visit Avalon for my future appointments?
New appointments: We recommend making a reservation online at https://avalon-salon.com/ or on the Pocket Salon App (downloadable in the App Store). This app allows you to reserve appointments, check-in upon arrival to the salon and spa, purchase retail before your departure, and self-checkout, as well.
Limit one-on-one interaction: Our greetings and goodbyes will be touchless, love ya’ mean it, but safety first – we won’t be shaking hands or hugging at this time. Upon arrival, we invite you to check-in using the Pocket Salon app or with a team member, and then be guided to wash your hands before service will begin. Using our booking software we’ll keep a credit card on file and allow you to purchase products and checkout with limited interaction. When booking with us we will ask for a credit card to place on file so that we can limit one-on-one interactions at the front desk.
Temperature checks: All guests and staff are required to have a temperate check before entering the salon. If you have a temperature of 99.5 or more, you will not be permitted in the salon. We will be happy to re-schedule your appointment for a future date and time.
Social Distancing: We are splitting our service providers into shifts, thereby reducing the number of people in the building by a minimum of 50%. Service providers will be working at every other station, leaving an empty station to keep a safe distance.
Masks: We require that you wear a mask to your appointment, and we ask that you wear one that secures behind the ears and covers your nose and mouth at all times while in the salon. All of our staff will be required to wear masks.
Limited Items and Guests: We ask that you arrive for your appointment at the time of your appointment and no earlier. Please limit any belongings that you bring with you to perhaps your phone and forms of payment (rather than your handbag). Please do not bring any extra guests with you and please do not bring children to your appointment at this time. No pets will be allowed in the salon at this time.
Q: What personal protection protocols and safety measures are you taking? We’re expanding safety and sanitization measures including the following:
- Operation by appointment only; only guests with a pre-reserved appointment will be invited in.
- All tools, stations, chairs, seating areas, and doors will be sanitized between each guest. The salons will be cleaned and disinfected each day.
- Barriers between each salon service station as well as shampoo bowl stations
- We have installed the same technology used in medical facilities in all A/C units at both salons. Our germicidal ultraviolet light system will continuously purge the air of any virus, bacteria, mold and mildew recirculating within giving a purer quality or air.
- Every guest will receive fresh linens. Color and haircut clients will be given a clean smock or cape to wear over their clothing, and spa linens will be changed after each spa client.
- Elimination of beverage service.
We ask for your patience and understanding during this time as we are working quickly and very diligently to be both accommodating and conscientious to your needs. We are incorporating extensive new and improved sanitation practices into every aspect of our operation, including the requirement that all of our service providers complete an updated sanitation course.
Thank you so very much for your kindness and support during this difficult time in history. We look forward to seeing you in the salon soon!
-Your Friends at Avalon Salons