CARING FOR YOU
Safety and sustainability are at the core of who we are. We’ve been in business for 31 years and we’ll be taking every possible precaution to keep our clients and staff safe following all CDC guidelines. Below we’re sharing a Q&A to help make your service as smooth as possible here at Avalon Salon.
Q: What can I expect when I visit Avalon for my future appointments?
Appointments: We recommend making a reservation online at https://avalon-salon.com/ or using the Pocket Salon App (downloadable in the App Store). The app allows you to reserve appointments, check-in upon arrival to the salon and spa, purchase retail before your departure, and self-checkout, as well. Using our booking software we’ll keep a credit card on file and allow you to purchase products and checkout with limited interaction. When booking an appointment with us via phone or text, we will ask for a credit card to place on file so that we can limit one-on-one interactions at the front desk.
Limit one-on-one interaction: Our greetings and goodbyes will be touchless, love ya’ mean it, but safety first – we won’t be shaking hands or hugging at this time. Upon arrival, we invite you to check-in using the Pocket Salon app or with a team member.
Social Distancing: We have installed barriers between stations and at the shampoo bowl to maintain a safe distance between stations and guests.
Masks: In keeping with the Dallas County ordinance, Masks are required to be worn over the nose and mouth when you are in the salon at all times for guests and team members regardless of your vaccination status.
Limited Items and Guests: We ask that you arrive for your appointment at the time of your appointment and no earlier. Please limit any belongings that you bring with you to perhaps your phone and forms of payment (rather than your handbag). Please do not bring any extra guests with you and please do not bring children to your appointment at this time. No pets will be allowed in the salon at this time. Eating in the salon is not permitted at this time.
Q: What personal protection protocols and safety measures are you taking? We’re expanding safety and sanitization measures including the following:
- Operation by appointment only; only guests with a pre-reserved appointment will be invited in.
- All tools, stations, chairs, seating areas, and doors will be sanitized between each guest. The salon will be cleaned and disinfected each day.
- Barriers between each salon service station as well as shampoo bowl stations
- We have installed the same technology used in medical facilities in all A/C units. Our germicidal ultraviolet light system will continuously purge the air of any virus, bacteria, mold, and mildew recirculating within giving a purer quality of air.
- Every guest will receive fresh linens. Color and haircut clients will be given a clean smock or cape to wear over their clothing, and spa linens will be changed after each spa client.
- Elimination of beverage service or eating in the salon.
We ask for your patience and understanding during this time as we are working quickly and very diligently to be both accommodating and conscientious of your needs.
We are incorporating extensive new and improved sanitation practices into every aspect of our operation, including the requirement that all of our service providers complete an updated sanitation course.
Thank you so very much for your kindness and support during this difficult time in history. We look forward to seeing you in the salon soon!
-Your Friends at Avalon Salon